Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Broken Arm Shirt Tutorial

How's that for a title??
Our cute little neighbor broke her arm requiring surgery...
No fun
I wanted to be able to DO something...

I couldn't imagine how they were going to keep her warm,
it's not like tank tops will do in Dec/Jan
I searched online for shirts for people with broken arms (no such thing)
I decided I would try and make one...

I purchased a couple sweatshirts and some velcro.
Cut the sleeve off right above the elbow.

Cut the entire side of the shirt open on the seam.

Pinned and sewed a finish seam for the sleeve.

Added and sewed velcro to each side of the sleeves and side.
Tada...
A finished shirt that can easily be put on and "velcroed" around the cast.




7 comments:

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Special dolls for diabetic children, special sweatshirts for winter broken arms... your creativity is impressive my friend! :-D

Elise said...

That is amazing, Jenny!! You are so talented!! I never would have thought of that...
Elise

Em said...

now little Jilly Bean can be nice and warm AND fashionable :) You never cease to amaze me!

The Gilleys said...

How sweet of you! And very creative!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great tutorial! I wish I had know about this before, it will most certainly make life easier for my son. May God bless you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great tutorial! I wish I had known about this before. It will most certainly make life easier for my son. May God bless you!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! My daughter broke her arm last year, playing on the Jungle Gym at school. It was so sad! The poor little thing was mortified because she thought that the doctor wouldn't be able to fix her arm. Everything turned out so well though. The doctor put a cute pink cast on her little arm, and we decorated it a couple days later after we got home from the emergency room. She got more and more comfortable with the cast, and eventually it wasn't too big of a problem, but sometimes, getting dressed was a little more difficult than we wished. Getting dressing requires a little more mobility sometimes than a broken arm allows.

Personal Injury Lawyers Lynchburg VA