Thursday, March 11, 2010

Burp Cloth Diaper Tutorial 2.0

You may remember my other burp cloth tutorial? Here is the 2.0 version:

Gather your supplies

  • Cloth diapers {Mine are Gerber}
  • Printed Flannel
  • Coordinating ribbon
  • Heat n Bond tape
Prewash your diapers and flannel
Cut flannel in 13 1/4 in x 6 in strips {times 2}
Cut your ribbon 13 1/4 in {times 4} and iron heat n bond strips on a little shorter than the ribbon.
Peel paper off the heat n bond and iron on folded over flannel for a nice finish.
One on each side on both strips.
Fold right sides together and sew each side up.
Trim off this excess.
Turn right side out.
Now you have an end cap.
Slip on the end of the cloth diaper and pin in place. Sew on the ribbon.
Ta Da done!




7 comments:

Tausha said...

I love these! Now that you so lovingly showed me how to make them-I will make some for my sister. Thanks for your kind words about my creations! You are so sweet! You always make me feel good about myself! Thanks for making a bright spot in my ultra crappy day!

Mother Hood said...

Nice to seeing you mixin' it up! Cute material!

Elise said...

Those are so cute!! I cannot wait to get some. You only have two weeks to wait to start. Hee, hee!!
Elise

Tausha said...

I am sorry-I shouldn't have laughed at your carrot woes-but I did. I am glad that you didn't get hurt with the whole stop light thing.I have done that before-I was just driving and I didn't even know I did it, until it was too late!
I hope you love the carrots. I will ship them on Monday!
Have a happy weekend!
Ps-I am so glad that the carrots are going to a good home!

Unknown said...

Awwww cute! I love that fabric too~

fiberdoodles said...

This is so cute!

Unknown said...

Wow - I wish I was better with the sewing machine - it is my one downfall!

If you're ever interested in networking, I'd love to do a giveaway of one of your products (like a set of these - or any of your other amazing creations) on my blog - it would be a great way to cross promote. Just contact me if you're ever interested!

savingsandstewardship(at)gmail(dot)com

http://savingsandstewardship.blogspot.com