Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Have a Green Apple Day ...

I wanted to share a little tale with you... As I was washing apples this morning, I decided today was a green apple day... I will dub all great God blessings as "green apple days"... Let me explain, just last Friday I was explaining to my hubby that I was praying through the feelings of being envious... Yep, I was having an envious pity party if you will... Everyone all around us, friends and family seem to leave every long weekend or school break to go on these fun vacays... While we on the other hand work our "tails" off and have absolutely no extra funds for get aways... See pity party... My hubby gently reminded me not to be envious and that the Lord would bless us in His timing... Fast forward 3 days... My hubby calls me yesterday and asks if I can get Friday off... I guess I could why? You see yesterday was his first day at his NEW "old" job {that is another post} anyway his company is having a convention this coming weekend, the owner informed Spike he was going to try and get him a ticket last minute... Yep, he was able to get him a ticket, but all the rooms were booked, so Spike had to "settle" for the Spa Suite... The owner then said, why don't you bring your wife... Oh yeah... I can get Friday off... We leave Thursday and don't return until late Sunday... You see not only did God bless us with an ALL expense trip, but HE never does anything small... We have the SPA SUITE... Yep, it's definitely a green apple day!


21 comments:

Lemondrops Simple Stuff said...

That is wonderful! Enjoy your long weekend with your hubby!

Megan said...

Jenny...I LOVE This post!

Praising God for the way He provides...and the sweet apples He throws in!

Blondie's Journal said...

Hooray for you & your husband!!! I want a green apple day now!!

Have a blast! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Darlene said...

How FABULOUS!!! Enjoy!!♥

Rhonda said...

yay God!


how sweet!
Hope you both have a great time with lots of relaxing

KiwiLisa said...

Enjoy your green apple blessings.
(Just not while in the spa... I hear that can give you a tummy ache.)
:)

Kellie said...

god is amazingly faithful!! i hope you all have a blast and get some much needed relaxation in your spa suite!!

HAPPY GREEN APPLE DAY!!!

Amy R. said...

Jenny, this is awesome news! What a gift from God tied up in a huge apple green bow! Enjoy and know you are loved by Him.
Amy

Tammy said...

Jenny - you lucky dog you. OKay not dog but lucky girl - you get the gist. Enjoy the weekend..
tammy

Sarah said...

that's fabulous!! have a great time :)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oooh, how fabulous! I know you will have the best time- and you soooo deserve it!:) Lori

Jenny said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing this!

Sarah said...

Great story!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Annette said...

wow, congrats on this trip! I needed to read this as I just wrote about being stressed an d overwhelmed with being a full time student and working full time and my hubby holds three jobs! Ill be looking for my green apple days :)

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Why didn't you tell me?!? Have a FANTASTIC weekend! I am SOOOOO happy for BOTH of you. EnJOY yourselves and we will talk next week!
Love to hear about these blessings the Lord gives!
~TinaW :)

Ruth said...

YEAH!!! Have a wonderful time with your hubby. God is so good and like you said He never does anything small. Always above and beyond what we could ever think. He cares about us and knows all our needs and wants. He is our loving Father.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
Ruth

Lindsay-ann said...

Hello Jen
I came over from my friend Lori's blog. WOW you are going to have an amazing time. What a treat for you both.
I have enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog today. You have such a beautiful family. I love the cute strawberries you made for your Grandma and the little kitchen is so cute.
Best Wishes from England,.
Lindsay

Elise said...

You, God, and your Green Apples are awesome!! I am so glad you get a paid get away. You deserve it!!
Love ya!!
Elise

Unknown said...

Girl...((hugs)) to you! We all have those days that we need to pray through...God bless apples..hehe

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh wow enjoy your spa suite, woohoo

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Spa Suite? That sounds heavenly! Have a wonderful long weekend away!