Monday, June 8, 2009

Handmade by MOM...

My mom {and dad} read my blog, so she knew I wanted an embroidered dish towel for my kitchen. They were also here when the kids were BUSY playing in the kitchen, Miss Sydney was wearing one of my aprons {obviously too big on her} so my mom came over with these precious creations!


She made this ADORABLE apron using my great grandma's fabric.

Complete with ruffles and a pocket.


Then she made flour sack dish towels, again using one of my great grandmother's flour sacks from the 1920's! She crocheted red trim and embroidered cherries on this mini towel!

She also made an apple and pear towel...
Now, I am really in love with my lil' kitchen!
Thanks Mom!





13 comments:

Sewing-Chick said...

I have that same faux-patchwork fabric from MY great-grandma's stash!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Cute creation!! Oh - I tagged you over on my HAPPY post today!!

Georgia Girl said...

How cute! Just being that Mom made them will be a treasure in itself. Enjoy your goodies!

Mother Hood said...

How cool that she used such special fabric!

Thanks for the emotional support for my last post. I will never believe anyone when they say, "my mastiff is friendly and won't hurt you or your kids".

Yeah they're friendly, like a mentally retarded Grizzly. Which by the way, can still hurt people!

Elise said...

Lovin' it all!! Your Mom even matched up the patchwork on the apron-she's great!! I am so in LOVE with the dishcloths. Will Mom take custom orders??
Elise

Tina H said...

Your mom is like my mom. Always thinking of you! Love the towels, apron and kitchen!

katielyn said...

How cool! I can see where you get your creativity. :-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How wonderful! Those will be things that you will treasure always!

XOOX
Jen

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Darling fabric for the apron. And so sweet of your mom to make those towels using your GG's flour sacks.
You'll have to read my post about aprons. It's a charming article out of a 1994 Country HOme. : )

Em said...

Very nice Toni! She did great, you are so lucky to have a crafty mom!

Ruth said...

That is so sweet of your mom. I love the apron and the towels. They are super special.
Ruth

Jerelene said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your apron!! The towels are really pretty too!! What a wonderful mommy you have!! Enjoy :) Jerelene

Beth said...

Hey! I'm new to your blog and I love it! I have some of those that my granny made. I wish she was still alive to make me more great thngs.