Sunday, November 29, 2009

Typewriter Key Monogram Gift Tutorial

You remember the Pottery Barn wall decor, using Susie's tutorial I made mine. I decided to put a bit of a twist on it to make friend and teacher gifts using the basic concept!




  • You will need 4 x 4 wooden plaques {Michael's}

  • Craft paint {goosefeather} color

  • Craft paint {black} color

  • Circle Rubbermaid food storage container or anything else about the size of your square

  • Tea Stain



Paint your squares in goosefeather, once dry, trace your outer circle. Paint your circle black. Trace your letter and paint in goosefeather, I used the Times New Roman font in size 175 for my letter.



Then dip your circle in paint {but don't get paint on the entire edge} and "stamp".

Sand the edges and finish with tea stain to give it that vintage look!





13 comments:

Cat Kotaka said...

that is so cute! hmm...if that was for sale...(;

Darlene said...

How CUTE and what a great idea!!! I think anyone would love those!

Elise said...

As a proud owner of this I can vouch for the total cute factor!!
LOVE mine!!
Elise

Hopeful Housewife said...

Very cute!

Mimi Sue said...

Very, very cute. Mimi

Jill said...

TOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Blessings!
Jill
p.s.- LOVE your Santa hat in your blog header! :)

Georgia Girl said...

By the looks of things you and Susie have it going on. I love these typewriter keys...I remember my grandmother had a picture like this that sat in her office at the cable company when I was a little girl...but these are so much more cuter than a picture.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is DARLING! Love, love, love it!!! I am going to put it in my Friday Favorites. So cute Jen!

XOXO
Jen

Unknown said...

I adore these!!! What a terrific idea!

Ruth said...

They are amazing. I know the teachers will love them!!

Ruth

Michelle said...

LOVE how this project turned out...thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your weekend!
~Michelle :)

michele said...

Oh my goodness -- very, very cute!

Em said...

One of those L's best be mine ;) You are so crafty!!