Monday, December 7, 2009

Swappin' with Elise

Elise and I did our Christmas swap with each other... Here are the goodies she sent me...

Glittered JOY letters, old fashion chenille candy canes, owl twill tape, an acorn ornament, peace garland, Christmas tags, pine cone tassel, and peppermint sticks...
She also made me this Christmas kitchen yarn wreath!

Here is a close up of my pine cone tassel! Thank you Elise!

Here is what I sent Elise...
A Christmas embroidery to go with her other seasons, Christmas basket, Gooseberry Patch book, kitchen towel, I made her children a turkey and trimmings...

A few ornaments

I embroidered a snowman face on a vintage doily.
Close up of her winter wonderland embroidery.
Clay cottage and trees complete with "snow"

Ticking covered candy canes, watch for an upcoming tutorial...

I stamped/hammered her children's name and date on washer ornies...
Merry Christmas Elise!

9 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Jen...
How fun is this? Looks like you and Elise had a wonderful swap. I can't wait to see your tutorial on the candy cane wrapping. I just bought some large candy canes that I would love to wrap with ticking.

Thanks for sharing sweetie. I love it when you do. Stop by and say hi. I love the company.

Country hugs...Sherry

jamie said...

You two always have so much fun with your swaps! Great stuff! I can't wait to see the tutorial for those candy canes!!!

Elise said...

You know I LOVE it all!! Need to go back to the store to get that fabric marker-that I FORGOT when I was at Wal-Mart then I can send the rest of your goodies out.
Elise

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Cute stuff!
I have a question, what type of metal stamps did you use for the washers. I just bought some on ebay and they barely leave a mark on the washer. Do you have any tips?
Thanks,
Jill :)

Poppy Cottage said...

Your new sweet treasures are just adorable!!

Mother Hood said...

That's some great loot!

Amy R. said...

I LOVE it all. I am so jealous that Elise and Lilly are going to get to play with that turkey. Those candy canes are awesome too!

Ruth said...

Everything looks so fabulous!! I love the candy canes and really everything!!

I am hosting a giveaway on my blog. I hope you can stop by and enter.

Ruth

HollyDays said...

I was just going to ask the same question as Jill! I would love to know what kind of stamps you used for the washers. Would LOVE to learn how to stamp metal!

Thanks.