Friday, December 4, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls... Better Than...


do I dare say Cinnabon? Indeed I do...


1/4 cup warm water

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/2 of a (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding

1 cup warm milk

1 egg, room temperature

1 TBSP white sugar

1/2 tsp salt

4 cups bread flour

1 pkg active dry yeast


Directions:


Place all of your ingredients in this order in your bread machine pan. Set machine to dough cycle; press start.


When your dough cycle is finished, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17 x 10 inch rectangle.


Filling:

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup sugar

2 TBSP cinnamon

1 TBSP light corn syrup



Spread softened butter over your rectangle. In a small bowl combine the other ingredients and sprinkle mixture over the butter. Roll up dough beginning with the long side. Slice into 1 inch slices and place in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Cover and let rise about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.


Frosting:

4 oz cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 tsp milk

Mix well, remove rolls from the oven and top frosting.
** Edited to add non bread machine directions... You will just mix your dough ingredients and knead by hand or mixer, cover and let rise for one hour, then follow the directions as stated including rolling with the cinnamon mixture and letting rise again for 45 minutes...

7 comments:

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Shame on you...you have given me an idea for breakfast tomorrow. THANKS! :)

Darlene said...

Thank goodness I don't have a bread machine and have to make this recipe too!!!!! We have almost finished one loaf of that fabulous pumpkin bread we just made yesterday!!!!! Thank goodness I froze the other one...lol

trish said...

Oh my goodness! I will try this recipe!
I just posted a question on my blog. Can you help me? Thanks! Trish

Georgia Girl said...

Yummy!

A Cottage Industry said...

Oh, how yummy THOSE look! I am going to have to try them...vanilla pudding? How good does that sound?! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Tracey

Aubrey said...

Wow, those look amazing. Everyone says my cinnamon rolls are the best...but I think those sound better. Can't wait to try them out and see :)

Molly Warren said...

What if you do not have a bread machine ( gave mine away0

What are the directions for manual labor, if possible??

Thanks