Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Mayhem of May...

Remember when this one got pneumonia? Follow by this one? Well May has brought a LONG hospital stay for this one. Matt has been gone almost this entire month, he came home yesterday, he ended up with a terrible staph infection that required surgery and early summer "vacation"... I have NOT been able to craft and barely been able to keep my head above water, we also added this lil cutie to the mix... The boys named her Zelda... I call her Zee...


Dolce thinks we got Zee for her... They ♥ each other!
We only have a couple days of school left and I am so looking forward to June... I want to craft and organize our home... and most of all, Keep EVERYONE healthy...
We have had our dose of sick for the year!
Now I shall leave you with what is currently in my crock pot:
Flank Steak Fajitas

1 to 1/2 lbs flank steak
1 cup chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 TBSP cilantro
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp salt
8 oz can chopped tomatoes
extras: flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, etc.
Cut flank steak into about 6 portions cutting against the grain. Place the flank steak and remaining ingredients into crock pot. Stir. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours. Remove meat from crock pot and shred. Return meat to crock pot and stir. Let sit 5-10 minutes. Serve mixture in your flour tortillas and top as you like!







9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I am so sorry that you have had such illness in the family, dear Jen. It can really wear you down. Hope your summer is relaxing and lots more fun!:)

I am SO going to make this recipe! It sounds delicious!!!! Lori

Nancy said...

So sorry to hear about all of the sickness. No fun at all! But, let's talk about that flank steak yumminess. Oh my. Making that on Memorial Day. Thank you!!!! I will be the talk of the town. :)

Lemondrops Simple Stuff said...

Glad to see your boys are on the mend. Rough month for your family. Hope things do smooth out and you get some crafting time in. Love the pic of your new kitty and dog! Your fajitas look dee-lish!

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Oh my goodness Jen - you know I totally understand what you've just gone through.... HUGS!!!

And I know that YOU (aka: mom) are even more worn out than the patients. More hugs!!!

May the Lord bless you with rejuvination!!!! I am praying - for your family, but also for YOU!!!

your kitten is adorable!!! So many memories .... the other day I opened a can of tuma and then got all tearry eyed. Rascal didn't suddenly appear out of no where next to my legs, nor was he calling for me to bring the can to him trapped by the gate upstairs .... May your kitty give you m-a-n-y years of wonderous love and memories!!!

I'm working on the quilt. Thrilled with it so far!!! I'll be posting it after June 5th (Analyse's B-day party). Today a friend is taking me shopping to buy cutsie girlie cup cake papers, etc. :-) Fun!!!!

Em said...

Im glad you are all back together and healthy again! We need to craft over the summer... I am taking ONE online class so I should be able to RELAX as well... I send you organization and health vibes ~ love ya!

Em

Nicole@CraftySisters-nc said...

Good to hear your family is doing better and excited to see your summer projects! I'm going to make your yummy fajitas this weekend for my company coming to town, they look fantastic! Have a great Memorial Day!
:)

Elise said...

Cute kitty. Health issues suck. Gonna have to try that recipe.
Elise

Ruth said...

So sorry to hear about all the sickness. Hope health is restored soon and you can enjoy your summer and relax.

Ruth

Pamela said...

Loving your new addition! She is adorable!